Learning is an ongoing process. Learning is necessary, it is important, for it has the ability to make living life much easier. Learning will enhance our positive thinking abilities, and will have a direct influence on our feelings and behavioral process. In short, learning can really change one’s life for the better.
You can Learn Faster Than You Think
Our quest for knowledge makes our learning process a continuous one. Even our life experiences and observations assist us in acquiring knowledge of little known facts. Learning will require a lot of effort to be put in by the learner. He or she will need to have the ability to receive and retain information that have been learnt, and will also have to have the capacity of being patient. In spite of much hard work needed, learning is something of great significance. With one having to face life’s problems, and with there being countless of options out there to choose from to solve these problems, they all become ineffectual if there is failure to recognize and understand them, by the individual that is. Hence, learning is a must.
Facts about Learning
While one sits down to learn something new, be it anything, the initial learning period will be a rather frustrating one. It is usually during this phase, being in a continuous state of dissatisfaction, that people generally give up on what they have started to learn. To keep one’s arousing interest in getting to acquire new knowledge continuous, there are a few strategies that can be adopted, but even for them to be effective, it will depend on what is the purpose for learning that specific concept, how interesting the subject of learning is, and how often will the learnt material be used to keep it well retained in one’s memory.
Getting to Learn Anything New
When learning is made easier, more enjoyable, then learning is accomplished much faster. Being interested in what is to be learnt will automatically make one’s journey of learning an enjoyable one.
First, while trying to learn something new, never try to learn it by heart. Never should one try and learn things hastily, for then the chances for not understanding the concept completely will only rise. And learning new subjects without having a proper understanding of all of its essential elements, means one is just committing it to memory, which can be easily lost.
If there are several parts that need to be learnt, then try and establish a connection between them, a connection which can even be thought of by utilizing one’s creative imagination.
Whatever may be one’s subject of interest, while learning them, there is a certain pattern that needs to be followed, a pattern which at most times is undisclosed and needs to be discovered by the learner themselves. If such a pattern does not exist, then the subject desired to be learnt can be considered to be not very useful. Usually, a subject matter will contain both big and small elements that need to be gained, and it is best to start off by learning the big elements followed by the smaller ones. This is because, the smaller elements, almost always lack a definite rule, but when learnt after understanding what the bigger elements are, these smaller ones will fit in more readily to completely bring the learning process to an end.
Why Learn Something New?
It is recommended to keep one’s brain cells in the work-mode constantly by trying to learn new things from time to time. Also, learning continuously will help in personal and professional development, will assist in increasing one’s sense of responsibility, as well as will enhance one’s social, economic and political interests. There are countless educational institutions offering courses in new art and craft, in foreign languages, and classes are also held to enhance one’s writing or computer skills. Want to improve your cooking skills?…there are classes available for this; want to learn the art of coffee or wine tasting?..course is available; want to get into theater or films?…..classes are held for this too.
Why learn any of these at all? The general reasons for individuals wanting to learn something new is either to keep themselves happy, to seek pleasure and enjoyment, or to make some money from whatever new knowledge they have acquired. If one chooses to learn to improve their career options, then learning more, and learning at a faster rate will mean making more money at quick speed.
The fact remains that currently, individuals wish to accomplish things fast, even acquiring knowledge on something relatively new needs to be done fast. People look for methods that can accelerate their learning process, along with being able to learn it effectively. And, do such methods exist? It seems so.
How Learning can be Accomplished Faster?
– Forcefully remove stress from one’s mind before settling down to learn anything. Any kind of stress will only slow down one’s learning process. Decide the best manner by which things can be learnt, for example, if learning in a group will help, then do so. Raise questions, whenever in doubt.
– To reiterate what has already been discussed earlier, never try to learn any learning material by heart. If one is not able to have a complete understanding of what is being learnt, it will seem nonsensical to them. The words will appear to have no meaning and no intelligible ideas will be conveyed to them. Understanding the concept, the new techniques and their practical applications will make perfect sense of what is being learnt. First, get a complete picture of what needs to be learnt, and then structure it. If need be, divide the concepts into various parts cleverly, and proceed to the next part only when the former one is completely learnt and understood well.
– Confusion is inevitable during the early phase of learning, but this needs to be overcome. Do not worry if the learning material appears ‘Greek and Latin’ to you, it will in fact, but do not quit halfway for this very reason. Keep trying, continue to read on with full concentration, without attempting to make any changes in its structure, keep persisting and make sure that the learning program is finished.
– Learn by connecting the concepts. Try and connect the various elements of one’s learning material so that the understanding process is made much easier, rather than learn by rote.
– Repetition also plays a vital role in one’s learning process. Go back to what is learnt and attempt to express the same concepts again and again. Follow verbal repetition when possible and try to remember things in the same order given.
– If the learning concepts can be integrated into one’s everyday life, then it should be done so. Only theory, and no practical applications will lead to quick evaporation of what is learnt. So, if one desires to develop the skill of singing, then everyday singing it should be.
– Above all, what really counts while individuals are attempting to learn something new is to keep themselves motivated through their entire learning process. Even with time in one’s hands and a good educational material lying in front of them, with zero motivating force, not much learning will ever be accomplished.
Faster learning, no matter how innovative the techniques and methods of learning will be, all depends on the learner’s total involvement. Learners are generally asked to be more actively involved during the learning process, and should take full responsibility of their own learning process. It is only then that learning can be accomplished in a rapid and easy manner.